Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Twisted - Sara Shepard - 2011


Published: 2011 - HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Read: September 23, 2011
4 out of 5 Stars: This series is such a guilty pleasure for me

Reason for Reading: I was intrigued at how Shepard would continue the series, since book 8 had been noted as the last of the PLL series.

On GoodReads: "It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The Pretty Little Liars have more secrets than ever - twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild.
Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship.
Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore … eventually."

My Thoughts: I was a bit annoyed when I head that the series would be continuing, since my copy of book 8 claims it's the last one, but upon seeing that the 9th book was out, I felt I had to keep going with the series. I am really glad I did. I love these 4 girls, they are so unique and sometimes so vapid, but also very innocent. They all feel so very human. The story is really twisted, there's a new A in town, and I really have no idea who it is, or why they are out to get the girls. I really do just enjoy reading these books, they go by quickly but are so charming and so exciting.

Books Read This Year: 77 of 100

No comments: