Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Had Strong Emotions About

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday there is a different Top Ten topic to join in on, and you can see past and future topics on their features page. This week's topic is: Books I Had Strong Emotions About (good or bad). I've linked each book to its GoodReads page.


Top Ten Books I Had Strong Emotions About:

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Emotion: Anger -- So much build up and then... nothing.

The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Emotion: Sadness & Anger -- The poor tree just gives and gives to the neediest boy alive, but the boy never gives anything back!

Get Well Soon by Julie Halpern
Emotion: Disappointment -- One of the only books I put down and didn't finish.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Emotion: Anger -- Henry and Clare made me so angry... I don't usually hate characters, but I hate Henry.

Bleed by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Emotion: Confusion -- This book was all over the place with small chapters on different characters, but there was no ending to any of the stories, usually I am a big Stolarz fan!

Stitches by David Small
Emotion: Wonder -- This was one of the first graphic novels I read, and the images were so powerful, I was just in awe of this book.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Emotion: Lots of tears -- This book (and its sequel) made me cry so hard, and I hadn't expected it.

Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien
Emotion: Wonder & Joy -- This book is just amazing, I am so excited for the sequel to come out (next week!).

A Time for Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin
Emotion: Sadness & something I can't quite name -- The power of friendship in this novel just astounds me and fills me with all sorts of emotions.

Dismantled by Jennifer McMahon
Emotion: Creeped out -- This book freaked me out, I had chills at times.

No comments: