Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another Thing...

I also wanted to write about a moment that happened the other day at Barnes & Noble. I was doing my usual browse of the YA section to see how up to date their selection is (eh..). While I was standing in one aisle, these two girls, maybe 13 years old, were discussing with each other who they should ask to help them. One girl said to the other "Just go up to someone and ask!" So the two girls turn to me, and the braver one asks, "Can you recommend any books by an award-winning author?" I immediately grinned and reached right for Paper Towns by John Green. I'm glad we were near the G section, because it was actually a pretty swift move that I made to reach out and swipe it right off the shelf. The girls were super thankful and really sweet, and I heard one of them say, "See! She was way more helpful than the people that work here!" Which totally made my day.

Anyways, I just wanted to add that in as a post because it was actually really fun to pick out a book for someone else and I hope they enjoy it, because it really is a fun book to read. Hopefully they aren't too young for it... Lol.

No comments: