Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm A Student! Again!

I am so excited! Today was my Advising Day at my new school. I start Graduate School at the end of January, and I am thrilled to get back into taking classes, taking notes, blah blah blah. I love taking tests, but not so much the writing papers part. Especially since in Grad school you're supposed to be smart... Oops. I don't really like homework that much, but I think it will be different now because it's all information that I literally do not know. When I don't know something, but I really want to, it's a whole other story than my usual "yeah, yeah, it's school, I get A's, yeah, yeah" type attitude. Not that I am flaunting that, because it's a terrible attitude to have, but in all honesty, school has been really easy for me (for the most part). I am pretty sure I will be in for a rude awakening in January.
In other news, I am halfway through the second Harry Potter book. It's taken me a while to really get into it because I have been moving all week. The new apartment is great so far, with more rooms and space than the old one, but with less closet space. Which is kind of sucky, but it's manageable. The book is alright so far, just a lot of repetition about incidents from the first book. I am curious to see how the Lockhart story develops, since he's way too annoying and fake. I love Hagrid though, and the Weasley boys (besides Percy). I'll let you know how this continues.
I'm not really sure what else to talk about. I've been really slacking with both reading and writing lately. NaNoWriMo starts on Sunday, which I have always wanted to do, but never really commit to doing it. I have always wanted to write a story, whether it's fiction or my own story, but I can never buckle down and do it. Maybe someday I will write 50,000 words in a month, heck even that much in a year would be great. But for now.. slackerdom is going to have to do.
Anyways, I think that's all for today, I will try and finish HP book 2 soon and give my review of it.


No comments: