Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Packing & Slacking

Today Mike and I went out and bought boxes and packing tape for our move on Sunday. I don't think we actually got enough boxes, but I'm hoping we can work out so we don't have to spend any more money. We have 10 "big" boxes and 5 "small" boxes. So far, all of my books are packed up, as well as our DVDs and video games. Assorted pillows and blankets are in those boxes too to offset the weight of the books.
I have about 4 or 5 trash bags full of clothes to donate and still have our hall closet to go through, which has the most incredibly random stuff in it, including, but not limited to, a play house for my cat (that doesn't live here), my old psych text books, my American Girls Christmas tree, a vacuum, and a box full of arts and crafts. So I have to dive into that mess now and figure out what stuff I don't care about so I can throw some of it out. Not sure if I should toss Ollie's play house or give it to my parents so he can play in it again. I mean, it's just a kitty toy so it's not that big a deal, but maybe he'd like to have it back? Do cats think like that?
Also, this morning I woke up after having a dream in which I was skating in Boston with my former coach, and she was yelling at me because I, for some reason, was having a tremendous amount of difficulty doing a half-lutz (ridiculous!), and my knee was killing me. So all morning my right knee was throbbing. And then I'm sitting on the floor looking through bags of junk, when I try to get up and somehow manage to bang my left knee-cap on the door frame to our closet. SO now both of my knees are in rough shape. Fun!
But tonight is Wednesday, which means ANTM tonight with both Mikes! Hopefully TOMike (yay for John Green references!) isn't intimidated by the many boxes that are crowding our living room. If he is... oh well. Hopefully I can still convince him to buy me dinner!
Now for the "Slacking" part of the title. After I banged my left knee on the door frame, I've been sitting on the couch reading random blogs and checking my facebook every 3.5 minutes. It's been about 2 and a half hours now, so I think I should get my butt back into gear and tackle those closets before Mike starts getting huffy!

No comments: