Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sixteen and Counting

I am currently reading my seventeenth book of this year, "The Likeness" by Tana French, author of "In the Woods," which I read in January. I've also read "The Weight of Silence" by Heather Gudenkauf, which was incredible, especially for a book that I picked up at Target on a whim.
Here is the updated list:
Handle With Care - Picoult
The Lovely Bones - Sebold
In The Woods - French
Nothing Like You - Strasnick
Goth Girl Rising - Lyga
Love Is The Higher Law - Levithan
Dork Whore - Bahr
Loose Girl - Cohen
Holidays on Ice - Sedaris
Dear John - Sparks
Dawn - Brooks
The Missing Girl - Mazer
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - Boyne
The Last Song - Sparks
Scarlett Fever - Johnson
The Weight of Silence - Gudenkauf

The books that I really enjoyed from this list were "In The Woods," "Love is the Higher Law," "Dork Whore," and "The Weight of Silence." I've become more open to detective/mystery novels, or at least novels that include that sort of theme. I think if you really like good suspense, "In the Woods" and "The Weight of Silence" are fantastic for you to read. Both books I happened to pick up, one at a train station and one at Target. I don't usually branch out when I choose books, but I am really glad I did, and I will continue to do so.

So far, "The Likeness" is pretty good, I am just getting into the really interesting part now I think, when Cassie goes undercover. I like that it is about Cassie (a main character in "In The Woods") although I still wish things had worked between her and her former Murder Squad partner Rob.

After I finish "The Likeness," I plan on reading "Franny & Zooey" by JD Salinger (recently deceased) because while I loved "The Catcher In The Rye," I never read anything else by him. Some of my favorite people to follow on YouTube & Twitter have said "Franny & Zooey" is their favorite book, so I am anxious to read it.

There are still plenty of other books on my list to read after that as well, and I just made a new list tonight of the books that are out soon. Here are a few of those that I am most excited about:
YA Fiction:
The Unwritten Rule - Scott - Mar 16
Six Rules of Maybe - Caletti - Mar 16
Every Little Thing In The World - de Gramont - Mar 23
Will Grayson Will Grayson - Green & Levithan - Apr 6
She's So Dead To Us - Scott - May 25
My Name is Memory - Brashares - Jun 1
Linger - Stiefvater - July 20
Mockingjay - Collins - Aug 24
Non-YA Fiction:
FaithFul Place - French - July 13

No comments: