Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Deadly Little Games - Laurie Faria Stolarz - 2010

Title: Deadly Little Games

Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Year: 2010
Date Read: 1/10/2011
Overall: * * * (3/5)

GoodReads blurb: Camelia and Ben have discovered a powerful bond: They both possess the power of psychometry, the ability to sense things through touch. For Ben, the gift is a frightening liability. When he senses a strong threat or betrayal, he risks losing control and hurting people. Camelia's gift is more mysterious. When she works with clay, her hands sculpt messages her mind doesn't yet comprehend.

Before either teen has a chance to fully grasp these abilities, an unresolved family tragedy resurfaces in Camelia's life, irrevocably changing everything she cares about...


Plot: * * * *
Characters: * * * *
Stlye (writing style): * * *

My Review: This is the third book in the Touch series by Stolarz. I have to say, there are many points throughout this series where I just get really mad about the whole idea of psychometry, but I love the drama and intensity of all the creepy weird situations that I stick with it. This might be mostly due to Camelia's friends Kimmie and Wes, who I wish were real people who's conversations I could actually listen to. They are really funny! Camelia and Ben are just sort "alright." Boring people made interesting by this strange thing they can do. Adam is actually more interesting to me than Ben is, but I guess we aren't supposed to feel that way.
I love trying to figure out who the crazy person is in all of these books. Though the therapy sessions and crossword puzzles throughout the book were a bit strange. It would be nice if there would stop being this back & forth bit with Ben and Camelia, their relationship drama isn't a necessary part of the story in my opinion, because there is enough drama with everything else that happens.
I like Stolarz's writing style for the most part, though at times Camelia sounds a bit too grown up and uses not-so-teenage language. Not that I'm a teenager anymore, but sometimes it sounds forced or fake, because let's face it, teenagers don't always use perfect grammar and all their SAT words.
Part of my 3 star rating for this book is due to how much I loved the first one and haven't felt the same about the 2nd and 3rd books in this series.


To Buy: Amazon

Currently Reading: Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Also, big thanks to Peaceful Reader for linking to my blog in her Along for the Ride post, here.

No comments: