Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall Has Begun

Yesterday was the first day of my Fall schedule. I can't really say if I am excited about this schedule or dreading it. I will be at "Job A" 3 days a week, for 5-6 hours on each of those 3 days. I will be at "Job B" for 6 days a week, only for an hour or so each day.
"Job A" is a secretary-type job, doing random office stuff, like labeling envelopes and looking things up online. It's not very interesting, but I amuse myself with the names I have to write envelopes to. I came across someone who's name was "Genipher" once, and couldn't get over why anyone would change the spelling of Jennifer when all it's going to do is confuse and baffle people. I also like that I work with one of my best friends at that job, and while we don't get to be too goofy when the boss is around, we do get to eat lunch together and listen to good music when no one else is in the office.
"Job B" is my coaching job. I'm a figure skating instructor and coach. I teach group classes and private lessons, and while the two are very different, they are both amazing and fun. I've been skating since I was 4, so to be able to continue being involved in the sport and help little kids develop a love for the sport is just awesome. Plus, little kids are hilarious.
The problem with this Fall schedule is that my only full day off each week will be Wednesday. Monday, Thursday, and Friday I will be at Job A until I have to leave for Job B for 1-2 hours. Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday I have to be at Job B for roughly 2 hours. It's kind of a lot of driving, which might drive me crazy (ho ho that was a pun!). So I'm not really complaining, I am just hoping that everything goes well and I can get from one place to another without hitting any crazy traffic or using up too much gas!
I am currently reading Get Well Soon and so far I like it, though it didn't suck me into the story as I had thought it might. It's written in letter form, from the main character Anna to her best friend while Ann is in the adolescent ward of a mental hospital. It sometimes seems more like diary form than letters because of how much is written each day. I'm only about a third of the way into it, so there's plenty of time for it to suck me in and change my mind.

No comments: