Sunday, August 30, 2009

MLIA

I know a lot of people have heard of the FML website, which has made the phrase "fml" become so overused that I can't stand it. I hate when I see people's facebook statuses end with those three little letters, it seems to tacky and self-involved.
But now I have been introduced with MLIA (My Life is Average), which is so much more hilarious because a lot of the posts are about small sometimes amusing thoughts regular, average people are having. And I somehow don't think people will use "mlia" half as much on their facebooks as they use "fml."
Apparently there is also a MLIG (My Life is Good), but I have the feeling that it will just be people being braggy and pretentious, so I may not check it out.
The following are some quotes from MLIA:

"Today, my parents made me put a flashlight in my car because they didn't think the lightsaber in my trunk would help in a time of need. What fools. MLIA"

"
Today, I was cleaning the garage and found our old christmas lights. I noticed that the label said "for indoor and outdoor use only". I'm still wondering how anyone could possibly break this rule. MLIA"

"
The other day, dinner with my mom was awkwardly quiet. To break the silence I randomly asked her what her zombie plan was. She said she didn't have one. We spent the next half an hour discussing the best strategies against the undead and she is now sufficiently prepared. I feel like I've re-payed her for bringing me into the world. MLIA"

"
Today, I was about to put a pie in the oven, so I checked the time. It was 3:14. I felt like the universe wanted me to have pie. MLIA"

I love the Zombie Plan one. Earlier this Summer one of my best friends and I came up with a plan to defend his house if Zombies ever attacked. We worked out multiple scenarios and even got his mom in on the plans so she'll know what to do when the time comes.

No comments: