Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nothing Less Than Astonishing

I finally finished "The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing" today, honestly, it was incredible. It was only Volume 1 though, so I've got to go out and get Vol 2 if it's in paperback yet. I like when books in a series all match on my book shelf. If you haven't read this book, I seriously recommend it; it has everything a quality book should have. It's smart, beautifully written, at times humorous, but above all, it makes the reader think about some really difficult topics. I'm most looking forward to what happens with Dr. Trefusis in the next volumes, besides Bono, he seems to be the most level-headed person in Octavian's irregular life.
Now I am starting "Dismantled" by Jennifer McMahon. This happens to be on my bookshelf because I was wondering around Target one day and decided to check out their pretty limited book selection. I bought this one in particular because it's about a group of former friends who went astray after some terrible accident, and now something tragic is making them relive the past... oddly enough, I like this kind of book. Usually this sort of story line is done in way too typical a manner, but hopefully this one actually keeps me guessing.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: